YOUR BEST FRIEND
The human brain is a magnificent creation, capable of doing incredible things. The portion with which we are most familiar is the conscious mind. Often referred to as the “critical” mind, it makes judgements and decisions.
The critical mind is both powerful and fascinating. You might be surprised to learn, however, that the other mind—the subconscious—is many times more powerful. In fact, it accounts for over 90% of your mental activity.
It houses your emotions, attitudes and habits. All of your body’s autonomous function, such as breathing, pulse and digestion, are controlled by the subconscious.
Your subconscious can and will help you in amazing ways. Always recording and listening, it has kept every experience you have ever had— for better and for worse. Because it takes information at face value, it can misinterpret things. This is a real risk for children, who lack contextual experience.
Through hypnosis, we can determine where things went wrong and fix them.
WHAT DOES HYPNOSIS FEEL LIKE?
Clients describe the experience as very relaxing and refreshing. In fact, 15 minutes of hypnosis has the same therapeutic benefits of 3 hours of sound sleep.
HOW LONG HAVE PEOPLE BEEN USING HYPNOSIS?
Unintentional hypnosis— daydreaming, for example—is as old as humankind.
People have been intentionally using hypnosis for a very long time. It predates modern medicine several hundred years.
DO YOU TAKE CONTROL OF MY MIND?
No. Contrary to popular belief, you cannot use hypnosis to make a person do anything they don’t want to do.
You tell me, as your consulting hypnotherapist, what you want to accomplish. Then I help you achieve it.
WHAT ARE ITS ADVANTAGES?
Hypnosis offers many benefits:
- SPEED. Hypnosis achieves results much more rapidly than other approaches for modifying behavior. Extinguishing a smoking habit, for example, takes only four sessions.
- RESULTS. Because we are involving your subconscious mind— where your habits, emotions, and memories reside—, the changes are permanent.
- NO NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS. Hypnotherapy involves no drugs, so there are no interactions to worry about.
- POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS. Clients often report they sleep and feel better. Hypnosis enhances both creativity and imagination as well.
- INCREASED CONFIDENCE. As you take control of your life through hypnosis and experience its positive side effects, your confidence naturally grows with your improved performance.